Host Your Own Food Drive!
Please note if you are on a neighbor island,
call the Hawaii Foodbank for appropriate contact information.
Many types of organizations, from businesses to churches, schools to clubs, can
help by hosting a Food Drive. Please read through the following information to help
you in planning your Food & Fund Drive to benefit the Hawaii Foodbank.
Register your Community Food Drive
- Confirm approval from the President, C.E.O. or Board President to participate in the Food Drive.
- Designate a contact person at your organization. Plan for frequent communication between coordinator and Hawaii Foodbank.
Set Specific Dates & Goals
- Determine the timeframe and the location for your collections that would be most effective in maximizing participation.
- Establish an overall goal for the company and/or individual goal for the employees such as: 10 pounds per person or $10 per person is a great way to start!
Generate Enthusiasm & Participation
- Advertise information throughout your community and/or organization to raise involvement early in the process, by using flyers, email notices, newsletters or the top five most wanted flyer.
- Talk it up! The grapevine is an excellent way to get the word out. Be creative!
- Friendly competition among departments or other store locations.
Arrange Collection & Drop-off
- Arrange an area that is visible in your office for your Food & Fund Drive. You might decorate boxes as collections bins with colorful flyers or wrapping paper.
- Recruit fellow employees and company vehicles to drop off your food. If you cannot transport your donations to our warehouse, please call dispatch to arrange for pick up at 836-1972.
- To ensure proper acknowledgement, place a donation sheet on EVERY box.
- Unless otherwise instructed, the Hawaii Foodbank will send only one letter of acknowledgement per organization.
If you have any questions or concerns, call our
Food Drive Coordinator at 836-3600, ext. 240 or email@example.com.
We will gladly assist you with the planning of your successful Food Drive!
Click here to download the
Community Food Drive Packet
If you need assistance, contact us today!