The Hawaii Foodbank launched the Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP),
otherwise known as "Senior Food Box Program" on April 2015.
Our goal is to provide 2,400 seniors with supplemental foods such as non-fat dry milk and/ or UHT milk, cereal, juice, peanut butter, rice canned meat, fruits and vegetables. Seniors must be a Hawaii resident of at least 60 years of age and have a monthly household income of less than $1,481 for a single or $1,985 for a couple. Verification of age and residency will be required to certify seniors who in turn, will receive a box of food monthly.
From July 2015 to June 2016:
2,746 Seniors received 22,577 Food Boxes
Hawaii is one of 7 states that have been approved to distribute food boxes to improve the health of low-income elderly persons of at least 60 years by supplementing their diets with nutritious USDA foods.
60+ yrs. of age
Income at or below 130% of FPIGL
1. Complete an application each year and re-certify at 6 months.
2. Submit your completed application with ATTN: Yvonne Shoda
2611 Kilihau St. Honolulu, HI, 96819
3. Please indicate what distribution site you would like to receive your box from (See site list below)
a. This will be the same place you (or proxy) will need to pick up your box every month.
b. Applications will be taken on a continuous basis until the maximum allocation has been met.
c. You will be contacted with specific dates and times to receive your Senior Food Box once qualified.
d. A continuous waitlist will be maintained at each designated site.
4. Qualified applicants will receive a monthly food box consisting of milk (ultra- high temperature fluid milk and/or nonfat dry milk, juice, cereal, rice/pasta, peanut butter/beans,
PERISHABLE: cheese, protein, canned fruits and vegetables.
5. If a participant fails to pick up their box at the time of designated distribution in a month, the participant shall be considered a “no-show”. Violation of the “no-show” policy shall result in forfeiture of CSFP benefits. Participants who fail to pick up their food boxes for three (3) consecutive months will be removed from enrollment in CSFP.
Please bring a rolling cart to assist in carrying senior food box (32 Ibs). If you have a change of address or phone number, have an emergency, out of town and are unable to designate someone to pick up food box please contact Yvonne Shoda at (808) 954-7889.
Participating CSFP partner sites:
Kokua Kalihi Valley Elderly Services (Kalihi)
1846 Gulick Ave.
Kokua Kalihi Valley Elderly Services (KPT)
Kuhio Park Terrace Community Center
Hale Ola Hoopakolea (Nanakuli)
89-137 Nanakuli Ave.
Dynamic Compassion (Waimanalo)
Waimanalo District Park
Sts. Peter & Paul Church (Honolulu)
800 Kaheka St. (across Don Quijote)
Waipahu United Church of Christ (Waipahu)
94-330 Mokuola St
St. Jude (Makakilo)
92-455 Makakilo Drive
Sacred Heart Church (Waianae)
85-766 Old Govt. Road
Hui O Hau’ala (Hau’ula)
54-101 Kukuna rd
New Hope Leeward (Waipahu)
94-050 Farrington Hwy #C2
Once a Month Church (Haleiwa)
66-437 Kamehameha Hwy Suite 210
Check back for any updates.
For more information call Hawaii Foodbank at (808)
Hawaii Foodbank is an equal opportunity provider and employer.